Wednesday, 3 October 2018

Trip to Stoke / Blurton 03-10-2018


67157Stoke, adj stop XBlurton, Poplar Drive23First Potteries
67157Blurton, Poplar DriveFenton, Stewart Street23AFirst Potteries

Today Matthew was in the residential unit and he was going to his day service. Later on he was going to see uncle Dave at his house. Matthew got up and had toast and orange juice for breakfast. Whilst waiting for time to got to the day centre Matthew spent time in his room watching buses. We saw silver minibus DY16 VZP going towards Stoke.

DY16 VZP in Fenton
Around 09:00 we went downstairs and out of the unit. We set off outside and we saw Shelton Care Group DV10 JCU outside the residential unit.

Shelton Care Group DV10 JCU in Fenton
We walked onto Temple Street and right onto Christchurch Street. At the day centre we saw Shelton Care Group DY08 FFX.

Shelton Care Group DY08 FFX in Fenton
In the morning Matthew walked down to Stoke. We set off onto Christchurch Street and we turned left onto Temple Street. At the end of Temple Street we turned right onto Smithpool Road. We turned left onto City Road and we saw Copeland's Tours MIB 783 going towards the swimming baths. We continued down the hill and under the railway line before we crossed over the A500 and went into Stoke town centre. On Church Street we saw First Potteries 37158 on the #25 to Keele. Matthew went to the one stop shop and he joined the library. When he had finished we et off onto Church street and we turned right onto Boothen Road. We turned right onto Flemming Street and we stopped at Sainsbury's. Matthew brought a can of Pepsi. We then set off along Campbell Place and right onto Church Street. We turned left onto Glebe street and we stopped at the bus stop. We waited for a bus to Blurton. The bus appeared from around the corner and it was dud First Potteries 67157 on a #23 to Newstead. We got on the bus and we booked to Ladybank Grove before sitting down at the back of the bus. The bus set off onto Church Street and across the A500. We joined City Road and we went up to Christchurch Street and turned right into it. At the end of Christchurch Street we turned right onto Station Bridge Road. We went forwards onto Heron Street and we went through heron Cross and over the A50 onto Blurton Road. We ran down the hill and we went past the BP garage. We ran up the other side and we got off the bus opposite to the shops. We walked up the road to the café and we went in. Matthew went to the toilet. Afterwards he had a breakfast washed down with a can of Coke. Once we had finished we crossed over to wait for another bus back to Fenton. A few minutes later First Potteries 67157 returned on the #23A to Hanley. We got on the bus and we booked to Hanley before sitting down towards the back of the bus. We ran along Beaconsfield Drive and at the end we turned left onto Church Road. At the mini roundabout we veered left onto Blurton Road and we ran down the hill into the valley. After crossing Longton Brook we ran up the hill into Heron Cross. We crossed the A50 and at the traffic lights we turned left onto Grove Road. We ran onto Whieldon Road and we turned right onto Smithpool Road. We got up and got off at the stop near to Stewart street. Once off the bus Matthew walked up Temple Street and back to the residential unit. Matthew went upstairs to his room to chill out until it was time to go to uncle Dave's. He used his computer and watched buses out of the window. We saw blue minibus SF14 BXH going towards Heron Cross.

SF14 BXH in Fenton
A few minutes later we saw D&G Bus 114 on a #1 to Meir.

D&G 114 in Fenton
Also seen was D&G Bus 112 on a #1 to Park Site.

D&G 112 in Fenton
Another vehicle seen was Blackfriars minibus EU55 KVZ going towards Longton.

Blackfriars EU55 KVZ in Fenton
After a while we saw Meadows DX65 DMO going towards Longton.

Meadows DX65 DMO in Fenton
Another vehicle seen was Lucky Seven SJ11 OVM going towards Stoke.

Lucky Seven SJ11 OVM in Fenton
When it was time to go to uncle Dave's we set off onto Temple Street and at the end we turned left onto Smithpool Road we saw First Potteries 67635 on a #23A to Hanley. We went across the spare ground onto Willowdale Avenue and onto Whieldon Road and into uncle Dave's. Matthew had some cheesecake and a can of Fanta orange. For tea Matthew had chicken potatoes and carrots. Later on he had another slice of cheesecake and a few digestive biscuits and custard creams. Uncle Dave now has a biscuit tin. Matthew chilled out in uncle Dave's house using his computer and watching television. Uncle Dave also did his DJ set. A couple of hours later staff came to escort Matthew back home. We set off onto Whieldon Road and we turned onto Willowdale Avenue. We crossed the spare ground and we turned left onto Smithpool Road. We saw Travel Airport Express YG60 NFV parked on the side Street outside the Merx garage. We turned right onto Temple Street past the new building under construction, which is now getting near to completion. We continued back to the residential unit. Matthew went back to the room and went on his computer. Later on Matthew had a bath and then had toast for supper. He then chilled out in his room until bedtime around 23:00... Mark.

No comments:

Post a Comment