Wednesday, 29 May 2013

Trip to Rudyard Lake 29-05-2013


FJ10 BJXShelton, opp Cemetery RoadRudyard LakeCharterAiming High
FJ10 BJXRudyard LakeHanley ParkCharterAiming High
FJ10 BJXHanley ParkShelton, adj Cemetery RoadCharterAiming High

Today Matthew had an Aiming High trip arranged. Matthew got up just after 08:00 and had toast and orange juice for breakfast. They sat off around 09:30 onto the A5035 past the hem Heath pub. They continued onto New Inn Lane and followed First Potteries 40154 along on a #21A to Bradeley. They stopped at the Wrights Pie shop n Hanford and picked up some mini sausage rolls to put i his packed lunch. Shopping done they carried on down Mayne Street and onto the Northbound A34. At Hanford roundabout they tuned right onto the Northbound A500. They did this up to Shelton New Road where we turned and then parked up at the Crossroads building. He said goodbye to mum and went into the building to use the toilet. When everyone was ready they went out to the bus, which was the usual aiming High vehicle for Shelton FJ10 BJX.

Aiming High FJ10 BJX in Shelton
Matthew and friends got on the buses and they set off towards Rudyard Lake. They went along Shelton New Road up to Snow Hill and onto Broad Street. We passed 40373 on a #21 service. We went onto the ring road which we did around to Bucknall New Road. We went down Limekiln bank and turned left onto Leek Road. We then carried on along this road until we reached the A53 Which we did forward to Leek. We went trough the town and onto the A523. We saw First Potteries 40383 on a #18 service. We carried on along the A523 to Rudyard where we off parked adjacent to the lake. We stopped at the visitors centre, where Matthew went to the toilet. We then walked over to the boast which we were going to be using today. It was a twin hulled, rowing boat.

Matthew's boat for the day at Rudyard Lake
We sat in the boat and we decided that today we would row over the lake in one single long session. Part way along Matthew got bored with rowing and he threw his oar into the lake. After the oar was retrieved he decided from this point on he was just going to relax and let everyone else do the work. He got a picture of cattle grazing close to the shore of the lake.

A view from the boat
They headed back to shore and then we had our packed lunch was down with more orange juice. They had a bit of time to spare, so after visiting the toilet again they set of back to Hanley Park. They headed down the A523 into Leek. We saw 40375 on a #18 service. We then did the A53 to Badderley Green and then onto Leek Road. We passed Wardle Transport 2038. We did Leek Road down to Botteslow street before cutting across Lichfield street into Shelton before parking up in Hanley Park. After 30 minutes here they returned to the minibus and headed back across Stoke Road to the Crossroads building. He went inside to use the toilet and photographed the sink. We picked up at 15:00 and we drove from Shelton New road to the A53 to pick up some LPG. Whilst we were filling up we spotted First Potteries 34158 on a #34 to Audley. After getting LPG We carried o Along the A53 to the A500. We did this south to the A50 and then to Longton. There were a few buses parked up by Z Carz today. was there as well as mini coach W344 WNS.

Z Carz W344 WNS in Longton
We also saw recent arrival W221 CDN.

Z Carz W221 CDN in Longton
Then we spotted a new vehicle to Z Carz, Mercedes minibus M372 NWN.

Z Carz M372 NWN in Longton
We turned passed the Willow Row compound to see if there was anything there. Lightning minibus FD53 UNX and MJ03 DPU were inside the building. T408 JUX was also there. We got back onto the A50 and headed to heron Cross where and then picked up uncle Dave. We picked him up and we headed through heron Cross through Blurton. We got back home at around 16:00. around 17:00 i went to fetch some food for tea from the chip shop. We had sausage chips and gravy. Matthew had a chill out on his computer before we went to uncle Dave's around 20:20. We went via Blurton Road and Heron Cross. Here we drank pop, ate custard creams, watched telly and listened to music on uncle Dave's computer. Around 22:00 we left uncle Dave's and got onto the A500. We Headed South to the A519 where we got onto Whitmore Road. We went down to the A34 and then onto the A5035 we stopped at Nat West to use the cash machine and carried on along the A5035 and to home. Matthew then chilled out on his computer until going bed until around 00:00...Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment