Friday, 26 September 2014

Trip to Fenton / Trent Vale 26-09-2014


DV10 JCUBlurtonFentonCharterShelton Care Group
PK08 CGEFentonJoiners SquareCharterLucky Seven
PK08 CGEJoiners SquareFentonCharterLucky Seven
DV10 JCUFentonBlurtonCharterShelton Care Group
41494Magdalen Road, BlurtonTrent Vale, opp Chubb Way (Unmarked)22First Potteries

Today we decided to go to Trent Vale on the bus. Not before Matthew had been out for the day with his new day service. Matthew got up around 07:45 and had some toast and orange juice and used his computer whilst he waited to be picked up. He was picked up a little before 09:00 and it was Shelton Care Group DV10 JCU.

Shelton Care Group DV10 JCU in Blurton
We got on the bus sat down. We drove him through Blurton via OSSMA and Beaconsfield Drive. The carried on through Blurton and over the A50 at Heron Cross. We went straight through Heron Cross and onto Heron Street. We carried on into Glebedale Road and to the destination. Matthew spent the morning in the sensory room and using computers. At dinner time they went to the chip shop and had sausage chips gravy. After dinner we were going to the pub in Lucky Seven PK08 GGE.

Lucky Seven PK08 GGE in Fenton
We got on and set off to go to the pub in joiners Square. We went onto City Road where we saw re-instated Scania 60176 on a #6. We went onto Victoria Road and towards Hanley. When we got to pub Matthew took another picture of Lucky Seven PK08 GGE.

Lucky Seven PK08 GGE in Joiners Square
Whilst at the pub we saw several buses. Highlights included former Northampton Scania 65567. Matthew went to the toilet and after spending the afternoon drinking Coke at the pub they set of back to the base on Lucky Seven PK08 CGE. We headed down Lichfield Street and onto Victoria Road. We went right onto City Road and then left onto Glebedale Road before they reached their destination. At Home time it was back onto Shelton Care Group DV10 JCU for the run back to Blurton. We went through Heron Cross and onto Blurton Road and straight through onto the A5035. Matthew got back home around 15:00. After having some toast and a drink of orange pop, we set off to out to catch the bus to Trent Vale. We walked all the way to the stop on Magdalen Road to wait for the bus. On the way to the bus stop we saw D&G 173 on the Blurton Plumline service.

D&G 173 in Blurton
We realised that we hadn't got any spare batteries, so we raced back home to pick some up before returning to the bus stop. Whilst we waited for the bus we saw Z Carz Y568 XFV running back towards the depot.

Z Carz Y568 XFV in Blurton
We waited for the bus, which we knew would be First Potteries 41494. The bus was late today, due to the roadworks in Trentham. The bus turned up around 15 minutes late, and it was as expected First Potteries 41494.

First Potteries 41494 in Blurton
We got on the bus and booked to Harpfields Road. We sat down towards the back of the bus and the bus set off onto the A5035. In Trentham we passed First Potteries 42894 on the #22 to Dresden. Still on the A5035 as we stopped at a bus stop just before the traffic at the lights, we passed by Free Spiits minibus MV05 YMM. On New Inn Lane we passed another Free Spirits minibus, MK52 PXH. We carried on through Trentham and into Hanford and on Church Lane we passed First Potteries 40015 on a #22 to Dresden. We joined the A34 and we headed under the A500. We turned right into Harpfields Road and we got of the bus. As we got off the bus we saw ABC Supreme minbus DN56 HSX turn in the road and then head off towards the hospital.

ABC Supreme DN56 HSX in Trent Vale
We walked onto the A34 and we turned and saw Grocott Centre minibus LK56 BVZ.

Grocott Centre LK56 BVZ in Trent Vale
We walked to the pub and mum was already waiting for us at the pub. Matthew had a brunch with bread and butter followed by toffee sponge pudding with ice cream. Whilst we ate highlights of the passing buses were Stantons of Stoke ONZ 1128 required First Potteries 32635 & 32633 on the #101. After we had finished eating we called Uncle Dave and we went to pick him up. We drove along the A34 and onto the Northbound A500. We went East at the A50. We came off the A50 at Heron Cross and we dropped into Fenton. After we had picked up uncle Dave, we h to headed up Heron Cross and through Blurton, getting home around 18:00. Matthew then chilled out watching bus videos on his computer. He then chilled out until bedtime around 00:00...Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment