Tuesday, 8 November 2016

Trip to Fenton / Newcastle 08-11-2016


DV10 JCUBlurtonFentonCharterShelton Care Group
DY08 FFXFentonBlurtonCharterShelton Care Group
67634Magdalen Road, BlurtonNewcastle, opp Cherry Tree PH22First Potteries

Today Matthew was going to Grandma's, but not before he had been to his day service. Matthew got up around 08:00. He got dressed and had a bacon sandwich and orange juice for breakfast. Just before 09:00 his transport to his day service turned up and it was Shelton Care Group DV10 JCU.

Shelton Care Group DV10 JCU in Blurton
We set off onto the A5035 and we ran through Dresden into Longton before crossing over the A50. We went along Chadwick Street past the Gladstone Pottery Museum and we crossed over Uttoxeter Road onto Bridgewood Street. We went under the railway line and we ran to the end, turning left into Forrister Street. We turned right into Anchor Road and we ran up the hill into Adderley Green. St the roundabout we turned left onto the A5272. We ran into Bentilee and we stopped to pick up another service user. We returned along the A5272 to Adderley Green and we ran back down the hill along Anchor Road. We cut through to Foley via Anchor Place, Wood Street, Marlborough Road and Clarence Road before we turned right onto King Street. We ran int Fenton and Forwards onto City Road. We turned left onto Glebedale Road and to our destination. In the morning Matthew spent time in the sensory room and using the computer. For dinner Matthew had cheese oatcakes followed by a slice Battenberg cake. In the afternoon Matthew went to the Oatcake shop on Christchurch Street. Matthew had a can of Coke from this shop. After we had finished we walked back to the day centre. We went along Christchurch Street onto City Road and we turned left into Glebedale Road and into the day centre. When it was time to go home Matthew got on board Shelton Care Group DV10 JCU. We set off onto Glebedale road and we continued forwards onto Station Bridge Road. We crossed over the railway line and we followed the road around into Heron Street. We continued over the A50 and onto Blurton Road and through Blurton. We turned right onto Church Road and at the end we turned right onto the A5035. We crossed over the railway line into Trentham and we turned right into New Inn Lane were we dropped of another service user. We returned onto the A5035 and we crossed over the railway line and back into Blurton. We got home just before 15:00. Matthew had toast and orangeade whilst he waited for the time to go out and catch the bus. Today we went to catch the 16:26 to Newcastle. We set off on foot to the bus stop all the way onto Magdalen Road. I had seen bus earlier and it was booked to be a First Potteries Enviro300 single decker out of the 67631-67642 batch. A few minutes later running bang on time we saw dud First Potteries 67634 turned the corner.

First Potteries 67634 in Blurton
We got on the bus and we booked to Newcastle before sitting down towards the back of the bus. We joined the Westbound A5035 and we saw First Potteries 67635 on a #22 to Longton. We ran over the railway line into Trentham and we turned right into New Inn Lane and we climbed the hill into Hanford following First Potteries 67153 which was on a #21A to Hanley. We turned right into Wilson Road and we turned left Church Lane and we ran down the hill passing required First Potteries 67151 on a #21. We joined the A34 and We crossed under the A500 into Trent Vale. We turned right Harpfields Road and we ran forwards onto Hilton Road and passed First Potteries 67602 on the final #22 to Longton. We turned into the City General hospital and we saw First Potteries 32635 on a #25 to Hanley and ABC Supreme CN05 SVS. We rejoined the A34 and we travelled North about 1/2 mile and we got up and got off the bus and Matthew took a picture of First Potteries 67634 as it carried on towards Newcastle.

First Potteries 67634 in Newcastle
Once we got off the bus we crossed over the A34 and we then walked back towards Grandma's house. At Grandma's Matthew had a can of Irn Bru and used her computer. We said goodbye to Grandma around 18:30 and we ran along Occupation Street down to the A34, passing white minibus YK08 PVA parked at the side of the road. We ran into Trent vale and we stopped at McDonalds to pick up Matthew's tea. Once we had got the food we continued along the A34 and we saw Jubilee WMC minibus AK52 LXC. We carried on under the A500 into Hanford and Trentham. At Trentham gardens we turned right onto the A5035. We ran over the railway line into Blurton and we got home around 18:30. Once home Matthew ate his food which was chicken nuggets, fries, a plain cheeseburger and a cup of Coke. Matthew chilled out on his computer and we listened to the radio coverage of the Stoke under 23's vs Bury cup came which stoke won 4-3 on penalties. It wasn't enough for them to stay in the competition though... later on Matthew had some brown toast for supper. He then chilled out until bedtime around 23:00... Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment