Tuesday, 3 January 2017

Trip to Fenton / Newcastle 03-01-2017


DV10 JCUBlurtonFentonCharterShelton Care Group
DY08 FFXFentonFenton AldiCharterShelton Care Group
DY08 FFXFentonBlurtonCharterShelton Care Group
67639Magdalen Road, BlurtonNewcastle, opp Cherry Tree PH22First Potteries

Today Matthew was going to Captain Kook's for tea but not before he had been to his day service. Matthew got up around 08:00. He got dressed and had toast for breakfast. Just before 09:00 his transport to his day service turned up and it was Shelton Care Group DV10 JCU.

Shelton Care Group DV10 JCU in Blurton
We got on the bus and we set off onto the A5035 and we crossed over the railway line into Trentham. We turned right into New Inn lane and right again into Pacific Drive. After we picked up another service user we headed back onto New Inn Lane and then onto the A5035. We turned left at Stanley Matthews Way and we ran past the BET365 stadium. We joined the Eastbound A50 and we ran up to Heron Cross where we saw Stanton's of Stoke SFZ 7846. We went through Heron Cross and onto Heron Street. Having crossed the railway line we Turned left onto Christchurch Street and to our destination. In the morning Matthew went on the computer. For dinner Matthew had jacket potato and beans followed by cake. In the after Matthew went shopping He went on Shelton Care Group DY08 FFX. We set off onto Glebedale Road and we turned right onto City Road. We turned sharp left onto Victoria Road and we ran down the hill to Aldi. In the shop Matthew brought his supplies for his week at the day centre. Matthew walked back to the day centre. We set off up Victoria Road and we turned right onto Manor Street and at the end we walked to the crossing and crossed over City Road were we saw First Potteries 67601 on a #11 to Newcastle. We got back to the day centre and when it was time to go home Matthew climbed aboard Shelton Care Group DY08 FFX. We got on bus and we set off onto Glebedale Road and we continued onto Station Bridge Road. We followed the road around onto Heron Street and we went through to Heron Cross. We travelled through Blurton along Blurton Road and we went forwards onto Church Road. At the end we went right onto the A5035. We crossed the railway into Trentham and then right into New Inn Lane. After dropping of a service user we got back onto the A5035 and we ran into Blurton. We got home just before 15:00 and Matthew took another picture of Shelton Care Group DY08 FFX.

Shelton Care Group DY08 FFX in Blurton
Normally on a Tuesday we would go and see Grandma, but she is currently on holiday. We gave Matthew the choice of catching a bus to Stoke, Longton or Newcastle and from those destinations Matthew chose Newcastle. Whilst we waited for the time to go and get the bus. Matthew had some toast and a glass of dandelion & Burdock. Today we went to catch the 16:26 to Newcastle. We set off on foot to the bus stop all the way onto Magdalen Road. I had seen all the buses on the #22 earlier in the day an we were expecting the bus to be First Potteries 67639. The Longton bound bus appeared first and whilst Matthew was looking at that our bus appeared. It was as expected First Potteries 67639.

First Potteries 67639 in Blurton
We got on the bus and we booked to Newcastle, and we saw First Potteries 67632 before we sat down towards the back of the bus. We set off onto the A5035 and we ran over the railway line into Trentham. We passed First Class Travel PO62 LTU and we turned right into New Inn Lane. We ran up the hill and we entered Hanford. We turned right into Wilson Road and then left into Church Lane where we passed First Potteries 41498 on a #21A to Trentham Gardens. We joined the A34 and we saw First Potteries 65034 on a #101 to Hanley. At the A500 roundabout we saw DCL Travel Sunsundegui bodied coach BX12 CVV heading onto the Southbound A500. We headed into Trent Vale and we turned right into Harpfields Road. We continued onto Hilton Road and we turned left into the hospital. As we passed through the hospital we saw First Potteries 67640 on the final #22 turn, First Potteries 32635 on a #25 to Hanley and ABC Supreme minibus FV07 UCG. We turned right onto the A34 and a couple of stops down the road we got up and got off the bus. Matthew took another picture of First Potteries 67639 as it carried on towards the bus station.

First Potteries 67639 in Newcastle
We spotted mum in the car and we walked over to it. Before we got in we saw D&G Bus 159 on a 'Nines' service to Clayton.

D&G 159 in Newcastle
We got in the car and we went along the A34 to the centre of Newcastle. We turned right onto Barracks Road and we went past the bus station where we saw First Potteries 37146 on a #25 to Hanley. We crossed the Jubilee Roundabout onto the A53 and we passed First Potteries 66303 on a #4 to Audley. We continued through Basford and over the A500 into Etruria. We continued along the A53 through Cobridge and we veered off the road onto Sandbach Road. We stopped at captain Kooks and Matthew had a breakfast washed down with a small bottle of Coke. After we had finished eating Matthew used the toilet and then we got back into the car. We had a few things to drop off in Smallthorne. So we carried on along Sandbach Road and we crossed over Smallthorne roundabout and we went down Ford Green Road. We turned left onto Fell Street and we turned right onto Coseley Street. We stopped just off Duddell Road to drop something off. We then rejoined Chell Heath Road and we turned right onto Ford Green Road. We ran around Saturn Road, Mars Street and Jupiter Street and we stopped again. Whilst stopped we saw D&G 135 running out of service and First Potteries 53405 on a #98 to Ball Green. We ran back up to Smallthorne Roundabout and we went across onto Moorlands Road. We ran through Burslem and onto Newcastle Street and we ran down to Trubshaw Cross where we turned left. We stopped on Scott Lidgett Road and then we returned up towards Burslem via Trubshaw Cross and Newcastle Street. At the roundabout we turned right onto Woodbank Street and we crossed over Waterloo Road onto Zion Street. We followed the one-way system around onto Nile Street and we continued onto North Road before we joined the A53. We ran up to Sneyd Green and we joined the Hanley bound A5272. We turned left onto Northam Road and we dropped the final thing off before we returned onto the A5272 via Chorlton Road and Birches Head Road. We headed into Hanley along Town Road and we joined the clockwise ring road. We ran around to Lichfield Street and we ran down to Joiners Square. We continued onto Victoria Road and we ran up the hill through Fenton. We joined the A50 link road and we got onto the Westbound A50 to Heron Cross. As we came of the A50 onto Blurton Road we saw an unidentified Glovers coach. We ran along Blurton Road and we turned right onto Church Road. We turned right onto Beaconsfield Drive and we got home around 19:30. When we got home we listened to the Stoke vs Watford match on the radio and we had treacle tart and custard. Matthew then chilled out on his computer until bedtime around 23:00... Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment