Tuesday, 31 January 2017

Trip to Fenton / Newcastle 31-01-2017


DY08 FFXBlurtonFentonCharterShelton Care Group
DY08 FFXFentonBlurtonCharterShelton Care Group
67639Magdalen Road, BlurtonNewcastle, opp Cherry Tree PH22First Potteries

Today Matthew was going to Grandma's, but not before he had been to his day service. Matthew got up around 08:00. He got dressed and had a sausage sandwich and orange juice for breakfast. Just before 09:00 his transport to his day service turned up and it was Shelton Care Group DY08 FFX.

Shelton Care Group DY08 FFX in Blurton
We got on the bus and we set off onto the A5035 and we crossed over the railway line into Trentham. We turned right into New Inn lane and right again into Pacific Drive. After we picked up another service user we headed back onto New Inn Lane and then onto the A5035. We turned left at Church Road and then we went Forwards onto Blurton Road through Blurton and across the A50. We went through Heron Cross and onto Heron Street. Having crossed the railway line we Turned left onto Christchurch Street and to our destination. In the morning Matthew went on the computer. For dinner Matthew had cheese oatcakes followed by chocolate gateau. In the afternoon Matthew went swimming. We set off across the car park onto City Road and we crossed over the road at the crossing. We walked down the hill over the disused Cauldon branch and we turned right onto the private road on which the baths is situated. Matthew got changed and had a session in the baths before coming out again. Outside the baths we saw Copeland's Tours MIB 278 on a school swimming run.

Copeland's Tours MIB 278 in Fenton
We turned left onto City Road and we walked up past The Oaks before crossing over the road. We crossed the car park and then returned to the day centre. When it was time to go home we went on Shelton Care Group DY08 FFX. We set off onto Glebedale Road and we continued onto Station Bridge Road. We followed the road around onto Heron Street and we went through to Heron Cross. We travelled through Blurton along Blurton Road. We went forwards onto Church Road and at the end we went right onto the A5035. We crossed the railway into Trentham and then right into New Inn Lane. After dropping of a service user we got back onto the A5035 and we ran into Blurton. We got home just before 15:00. Matthew had toast and a glass of dandelion & burdock whilst he waited for the time to go out and catch the bus. Today we went to catch the 16:26 to Newcastle. Matthew had seen the bus earlier in the day and it was First Potteries 67639. We set off on foot to the bus stop all the way onto Magdalen Road. A few minutes later the bus appeared and it was First Potteries 67639 as expected.

First Potteries 67639 in Blurton
We got on the bus and we booked to Newcastle and we sat down towards the back of the bus. We set off onto the A5035 and we ran over the railway line into Trentham. We before and we turned right into New Inn Lane. We ran up the hill passing First Potteries 67638 on the #22 to Longton and we entered Hanford. We turned right into Wilson Road then we turned left into Church Lane. We joined the A34 and we saw First Potteries 65036. We then headed into Trent Vale passing E-zec patient transport YN15 FKE. We turned right into Harpfields Road and we continued onto Hilton Road where we saw First Potteries 67603 on the final #22 turn. We turned left into the hospital and we saw ABC Supreme SB56 SKV and First Potteries 32635 on a #25 to Hanley. We turned right onto the A34 and a couple of stops down the road we got up and got off the bus. Matthew took another picture of First Potteries 67639 as it carried on towards the bus station.

First Potteries 67639 in Newcastle
We then saw First Potteries 32649 on a #25 to Hanley. We then turned to see First Potteries 32639 on a #25 to Keele.

First Potteries 32639 in Newcastle
We crossed over the A34 and we walked up the hill to Grandma's house. At Grandma's Matthew had a can of Irn Bru and used her computer. We said goodbye to Grandma around 18:20. We set off onto Occupation Street and we turned left onto Victoria Road. We turned right onto West Street and left onto Marsh Parade. We joined the A52 and we ran into Newcastle. We went around the Jubilee roundabout and we joined the A53. We ran through Basford and we ran down the hill and crossed the A500 into Etruria. We climbed the hill up through Cobridge and onto Sandbach Road. We ran into Smallthorne via Sneyd Hill. We crossed the roundabouts and we ran down Ford Green Road. We turned left onto Fell Street and right onto Coseley Street where we dropped something off. we went forwards onto Duddell Road to drop something off. We then rejoined Chell Heath Road and we turned right onto Ford Green Road. We ran around Saturn Road, Mars Street and Jupiter Street and we stopped again. Whilst stopped we saw First Potteries 66304 on the #8 to Ball Green and D&G Bus 159 on a 'Nines' service to Hanley. We ran back up to Smallthorne Roundabout and we turned left onto High Lane. We had something to pick up in Northwood,so we turned left onto Northam Road. We ran forwards onto Chorlton Road and forwards again onto Hammersley Street. We turned left onto Turner Street and we ran down to the A5272. We turned left onto Bold street and right onto Rawlins Street. We turned left into Lockley Street and we stopped to pick something up. We then returned to the A5272. We ran up to Birches Head and forwards onto Town Road. For some reason I accidentally crossed over the ring road. As we did a u-turn at the roundabout we saw First Potteries 32649 on a #8 to Ball Green. We got onto the clockwise ring road and we travelled round to Lichfield Street. We ran down the hill to Joiners Square and we crossed over the roundabout onto Victoria Road. We stopped at McDonalds to pick up Matthews tea and then we continued along Victoria Road to the top. We turned right onto the A50 link road and then right onto the Westbound A50. We turned left onto Blurton Road and we ran through Blurton. We turned right into Church Road and right again onto Beaconsfield Drive. We got home around 19:45. When we got back Matthew ate his McDonalds, which was a cheeseburger, fries and chicken nuggets washed down with a Coke. Matthew then chilled out on his computer until bedtime around 23:00... Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment