Friday, 28 November 2014

Trip to Joiners Sqaure / Trent Vale 28-11-2014


DV10 JCUBlurtonFentonCharterShelton Care Group
DV10 JCUFentonBlurtonCharterShelton Care Group
66311Magdalen Road, BlurtonTrent Vale, adj Riverside Rd22First Potteries
41501Trent Vale, adj Black LionBlurton, adj Ladybank Grove22First Potteries

Today Matthew was going to the pub for tea. Not before going to the day centre first. Matthew got up around 08:00 and had toast and orange juice for breakfast. The bus turned up around 08:50 and it was his usual transport, Shelton Care Group DV10 JCU.

Shelton Care Group DV10 JCU in Blurton
The bus set off into the estate to pick up another service user before going onto the A5035. We turned onto Church Road and continued onto Blurton Road and into Heron Cross. After crossing the A50 we went straight across the lights onto Heron Street. After crossing the railway line we continued onto Gelbebdale Road before getting to our destination. In the morning Matthew spent time in the sensory room and on the computer. For dinner Matthew had sausage chips and gravy from the chippy. In the afternoon they went to a pub in a Intercity taxi. Then route to the pub was via Foutain Street, William Street, and Manor Street. We then turned left onto Victoria Road. We crossed joiners Square and onto Lichfield Street and to our destination. We got to the pub and parked up. At the pub Matthew had a drink of Coke and used the toilet. Highlights of the bus sightings at the pub included First Potteries 63178 on a #6 to Meir.

First Potteries 63178 in Joiners Square
On a #6B to Hanley was First Potteries 65564.

First Potteries 65564 in Joiners Square
Later on we saw First Potteries 63172, which was also on a #6B to Hanley.

First Potteries 63172 in Joiners Square
When it was time to go back to the base we were picked up in an Intercity taxi. WE went onto the A52 via Palmerston Street before turning left onto Victoria Road. After crossing the old Leek to Stoke railway line we turned right onto Manor Street. We then turned left onto City Road before turning right onto Glebedale Road and onto our destination. When it was time to go home we got back on the usual bus Shelton Care Group DV10 JCU. We headed onto Glebedale Road and we carried on over the railway line onto Heron Street. We went through the lights and across the A50 onto Blurton Road. We went all the way through Blurton before turning right into Beaconsfield Drive. Matthew got home at around 15:00. I was waiting at home for him with uncle Dave, as mum had got something she had to do this afternoon. Uncle Dave was going to the pub with instead, and we were catching the bus in both directions! Matthew had some toast and orangeade before we set off to the bus stop around 15:30. I had been watching the buses to see what we could catch and unusually there were 2 Volvo's out on the #22 today. Required First Potteries 66311 was going to be on the 15:37 towards Newcastle and required First Potteries 66307 was going to be on the 16:37. We got to the bus stop around 15:35. Whilst we waited we saw Copeland's Tours MIB 746 operating an OSSMA contract service.

Copeland's Tours MIB 746 in Blurton
The bus was a couple of minutes late, presumably loading up outside the school. When it turned up at was as expected required First Potteries 66311.

First Potteries 66311 in Blurton
We got on the bus and booked to Harpfields Road. We sat down near to the back of the bus and the bus set off onto A5035. We passed JayJays Travel minibus NH57 FXT and Stanton's of Stoke minibus YX56 DJD. In Trentham we passed the other required Cherry Route Volvo on the #22, First Potteries 66307. We carried on through Trentham & Hanford. We joined the A34 and we didn't pass another bus until we got onto the other side of the A500. We passed two buses in quick succession. These were First Potteries 40367 on a #21A followed by First Potteries 40026 on a #21B. WE stopped opposite the Michelinand there quite a few students about to board the bus from st Josephs College. As it looked like it was going to be standing room only, we decided to get off at this stop and walk to the pub. Rather than wait for everybody to get on the bus so we could take a picture, we crossed over the road and took a picture of First Potteries 66311 on the other side of the road.

First Potteries 66311 in Trent Vale
We walked up to London Road, and as we turned to cross it we saw the latest addition to the Stanton's of Stoke fleet behind us, former Arriva Midlands 2227 registered W227 SNR.

Stanton's of Stoke W227 SNR in Trent Vale
We crossed the road and went into the pub. Matthew had a brunch with bread and butter followed by toffee sponge pudding with ice cream. Whilst we ate highlights of the passing buses was First Potteries 32633 passing on a #101 and Stantons of Stoke ONZ 1128 going towards Newcastle. We also saw Wickson's coach WC63 BOV and ABC Supreme minibus FJ53 FBU. Around 17:00 we left the pub and walked to the stop to wait for the #22. It was due at 17:03, but as the traffic was bumper to bumper and there were only a car or two a minute coming off Harpfields Road, we guessed it would be late. We could see traffic on the main road backed up all the way to the retail park and beyond. The bus turned up eventually, 23 minutes late! The bus was what we expected it to be, First Potteries 41501.

First Potteries 41501 in Trent Vale
We got on the bus and booked back to Blurton. We sat down near to the back of this bus which was quite full. The bus set off along the A34 and we crossed under the A500 before turning right up Church Lane. In Hanford we passed First Potteries 40026 on a Hanley bound #21. The alarm kept sounding on the bus as if it was about to have a catastrophic failure. The alarm cleared itself a few time but kept coming back on. We turned onto the A5035 and the bus was crawling along and there weren't any cars in front of us. When we got to the Trentham Hotel the driver shut the bus completely down and the bus went black for a few seconds... A collective 'oooh' went down the bus. The bus restarted and the alarm seemed to clear temporarily. We carried on down the road and the alarm went off again. The driver kept the bus going and we got to out stop in Blurton. We got off the bus and Matthew took another picture as the driver restarted to bus once again...

First Potteries 41501 in Blurton
We walked all the way back home and we got back into the house around 17:50, 30 minutes after we expected to be back. Matthew chilled out on his computer and watched some bus videos. I made some lobby for tomorrow Matthew watched as I chopped up vegetables. Matthew eventually went to bed around 00:00... Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment