Tuesday, 13 September 2016

Trip to Fenton / Newcastle 13-09-2016


DV10 JCUBlurtonFentonCharterShelton Care Group
DV10 JCUFentonBlurtonCharterShelton Care Group
67640Magdalen Road, BlurtonNewcastle, opp Cherry Tree PH22First Potteries

Today Matthew was going to Grandma's, but not before he had been to his day service. Matthew got up around 08:00. He got dressed and had a crunpets and orange juice for breakfast. Just before 09:00 his transport to his day service turned up and it was Shelton Care Group DV10 JCU.

Shelton Care Group DV10 JCU in Blurton
We got on the bus and sat down and the bus set off onto the A5035. We crossed over the railway line and into Trentham. We turned right into New Inn lane and right again into Pacific Drive. After we picked up another service user we headed back onto New Inn Lane and then onto the A5035. We turned left at Church Road and then we went Forwards onto Blurton Road through Blurton and across the A50. We went through Heron Cross and onto Heron Street. Having crossed the railway line we went forwards onto Glebedale Road and to our destination. In the morning Matthew went into the sensory and spent time using a computer. For dinner Matthew had cheese oatcakes. In the after Matthew went swimmimg in a Lucky Seven taxi. We set ff onto Christchurch Street and we turned left onto City Road. We went down the hill and we crossed over the old Leek railway line befoer we turned right onto the private road on which the baths are situated. Matthew had a swimming session and then went to the cafe where he had a Coke. We then returned on another Lucky Seevn taxi. We set off onto the private road and we turned left onto City Road. We turned right onto Christchuch Street and then we stopped and Matthew visited the Co-operative Food store for a can of Coke. Once back at the day centre it was time to go home on Shelton Care Group DV10 JCU. We set off onto Glebedale Road and we continued onto Station Bridge Road. We followed the road around onto Heron Street and we went through to Heron Cross. We traveled through Blurton along Blurton Road and we went forwards onto Church Road. At the end we went right onto the A5035. We crossed the railway into Trentham and then right into New Inn Lane. After dropping of a service user we got back onto the A5035 and we ran into Blurton. We got home just before 15:00. Matthew had toast and a can of Vimto whilst he waited for the time to go out and catch the bus. Today we went to catch the 16:26 to Newcastle. We set off on foot to the bus stop all the way onto Magdalen Road. I had seen bus earlier and it was booked to be dud First Potteries 67640. A few minutes later and fight on time, First Potteries 67640 turned the corner as expected.

First Potteries 67640 in Blurton
We got on the bus and we booked to Newcastle before we sat down towards the back of the bus. We joined the Westbound A5035 and we ran over the railway line into Trentham and we passed First Potteries 67631 on a #22 to Longton. We turned right into New Inn Lane and we caugh up with First Potteries 53155 on the #21A to Hanley. We climbed the bill into Hanford and we turned right into Wilson Road. We turned left Church Lane and we ran down the hill and joined the A34. We crossed under the A500 into Trent Vale and we turned right into Harpfields Road. We turned into the City General hospital and we saw First Potteries 32056 on a #25 to Hanley, ABC Supreme CN05 SVS and First Potteries 67602 on the final #22 turn. We rejoined the A34 and we travelled North about 1/2 mile and we got up and got off the bus and Matthew took a picture of First Potteries 67640 as it carried on towards Newcastle.

First Potteries 67640 in Newcastle
We started to crosse the dual carriageway and we saw a fuschia fronted First Potteries Scania Omnicity approaching from the South. We waited in the island between the two crossing and Matthew got a picture of First Potteries 65039 on a #101 to Hanley.

First Potteries 65039 in Newcastle
We finished crossing the road and we walked back towards Grandma's. At Grandma's Matthew had a can of Irn Bru and used her computer. We said goodbye to Grandma around 18:15 and we ran along Occupation Street and Victoria Road. We turned right onto West Street and left onto marsh Parade. We turned left onto the A52 and into Newcastle. We drove onto the A53 and we ran up through Basford and down through Etruria. We went across Cobridge Light and we continued along the A53 as far as Sandbach Road where we veered left. We crossed over the crossroads and we drove up the hill to Smallthorne and we saw Stanton's of Stoke K347 OFM in the DAF yard at the top of the hill. We crossed over the roundabout and we ran down Ford Green Road. We turned left onto Fell Street and right onto Coseley Street. After a brief stop at the bottom end of Smallthorne and we turned right onto Chell Heath Road. We turned right onto Ford Green Road. We ran around Saturn Road, Mars Street and Jupiter Street. We stopped for a short while and we saw First Potteries 41496 on a #8 to Ball Green. We carried on up Ford Green Road and at the top we turned left onto the A5272. We ran into Hanley along Town Road and we joined the ring road. We ran around the Hanley and we saw First Potteries 41512 running out of service. We turned left onto Lichfield Street and at Joiners Square we went straight onto Victoria Road. We stopped at MacDonalds and picked up Matthew's tea. Once we picked up the food we continued up Victoria road and we turned right onto the A50 link road. The link road was blocked due to flooding so we went up to City Road and into Heron Cross via Glebedale Road, Station Bridge Road and Heron Street and we ran to Heron Cross. We ran through Blurton along Blurton Road and that was blocked too where Longton Brook had flooded. We got past and we turned right onto Polar Drive to avoid the worst of it. We re-joined Blurton Road and we turned right onto Church Road. We turned right onto Beaconsfield Drive and we got home around 19:30. Matthew had his tea which was a burger and fries with some chicken Nuggets and a drink of Coke. Matthew then chilled out on his computer until bedtime around 23:30... Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment