Tuesday, 27 September 2016

Trip to Fenton / Newcastle 27-09-2016


DY08 FFXBentileeFentonCharterShelton Care Group
DY08 FFXFentonBlurtonCharterShelton Care Group
67637Magdalen Road, BlurtonNewcastle, opp Cherry Tree PH22First Potteries

Today Matthew was going to Grandma's, but not before he had been to his day service. Matthew got up around 08:00. He got dressed and had toast and orange juice for breakfast. Matthew was also coming home today after a stay in respite. Whilst he waited to go to his day service he took pictures of the other buses arriving. The first one was Stanton's of Stoke minibus WR58 LHY.

Stantons of Stoke WR58 LHY in Bentilee
Also seen was Jayjay's Travel white Ford minibus FP58 URX.

Jayjay's Travel FP58 URX in Bentilee
Just before 09:00 his transport to his day service turned up and it was Shelton Care Group DY08 FFX.

Shelton Care Group DY08 FFX in Bentilee
we set off onto the A5272 ans we ran through Bentilee up to Adderley Green. We turned right onto Anchor Road and we ran down the hill towards Longton. We cut through the side Streets into Foley and onto Clarence Road. We turned ritgh onto King Street and we ran down through Fenton onto City Road. We turned left onto Glebedale Road and to our destination. In the morning Matthew watched a DVD. For dinner Matthew had Chicken & Potatoes followed by cheesecake. In the afternoon Matthew went out for a walk. We set off onto Christchurch street and we walked over to Temple Street. We turned left onto Watkin Street where we saw Z Carz minibus YE52 UZX.

Z Carz YE52 UZX in Fenton
We walked through to the railway line and up to Smithpool Road. We crossed over the railway line and we went into the park. Matthew spent some time on the swing before we set off back. We walked onto Smithpool Road and we turned into the back street behind Welby Street and forwards onto Crawford Street. We continued onto Clifton Street and onto Christchurch Street before returning to the day centre. When it was time to go home we got on Shelton Care Group DY08 FFX. We set off onto Glebedale Road and we continued onto Station Bridge Road. We followed the road around onto Heron Street and we went through to Heron Cross. We traveled through Blurton along Blurton Road and we went forwards onto Church Road. At the end we went right onto the A5035. We crossed the railway into Trentham and then right into New Inn Lane. After dropping of a service user we got back onto the A5035 and we ran into Blurton. We turned into Ripon Road and left into Finstock Avenue. Matthew got home around 15:00. Matthew had toast and a glass of orangeade whilst he waited for the time to go out and catch the bus. Today we went to catch the 16:26 to Newcastle. We set off on foot to the bus stop all the way onto Magdalen Road. I had seen bus earlier and it was booked to be dud First Potteries 67637. A few minutes later and fight on time, First Potteries 67637 turned the corner as expected.

First Potteries 67637 in Blurton
We got on the bus and we booked to Newcastle before we sat down towards the back of the bus. We joined the Westbound A5035 and we ran over the railway line into Trentham and we passed First Potteries 67640 on a #22 to Longton. At the Trentham Hotel we saw an unidentified Daish Holiday coach. We turned right into New Inn Lane and we passed First Potteries 42554 on the #21 to the Trentham Hotel. We climbed the bill into Hanford and we turned right into Wilson Road. We turned left Church Lane and we ran down the hill and joined the A34. We crossed under the A500 into Trent Vale. Harpfields Road was still inaccessible from the A34 due to roadworks, so we continued North and we turned right into Keelings Road. We turned left onto Harpfields Road and we turned into the City General hospital and we saw First Potteries 32056 on a #25 to Hanley, ABC Supreme SB56 SKV and First Potteries 67631 on the final #22 turn. We rejoined the A34 and we traveled North about 1/2 mile passing Skills coach SIL 7028. we got up and got off the bus and crossed over the road to the central reservation. before we crossed over the other half of the road we saw D&G 109 on a #9 to Clayton.

D&G 109 in Newcastle
We finished crossing the road and we walked back towards Grandma's. At Grandma's Matthew had a can of Irn Bru and used her computer. We said goodbye to Grandma around 18:15 and we ran along Occupation Street and Victoria Road. We turned right onto West Street and left onto marsh Parade. We turned left onto the A52 and into Newcastle. At the Jubilee roundabout we turned into Ironmarket and we parked up. Matthew was going to the Arnold Machin for tea. We sat down and Matthew had a burger & fries washed down with a glass of Coke. For afters Matthew had a chocolate fudge cake with ice cream. After we had finished eating Matthew went to the toilet. we left the pub and we got in the car and we drove up to the Jubilee roundabout. We turned right onto Barracks Street and past the bus station where we saw First Potteries 32057 on a #25 service. We joined the Southbound A34 and we ran through Trent Vale and Hanford into Trentham. We turned left onto the A5035 and the Daish Holidays coach was still parked up at the Trentham Hotel. we got back home just before 20:00. We spent the evening writing the Blog and looking at pictures wehad taken during this last week. Matthew went to be around 23:30... Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment