Friday, 30 January 2015

Trip to Fenton / Trent Vale 30-01-2015


DV10 JCUFentonBlurtonCharterShelton Care Group
60072Magdalen Road, BlurtonTrent Vale, opp Chubb Way (Unmarked)22First Potteries

Today Matthew was having his tea in a pub in Trent Vale, but not before spending the day a his day service. Matthew got up around 08:00 and had toast and orange juice for breakfast. There had been some snow overnight and this had delayed his pick up. He was taken to his day service in a car today, which arrived a little after 09:00. We went onto Finstock Avenue and then onto Beaconsfield Drive. We turned left onto Church Road and then forward onto Blurton Road at Critchlows Corner. We carried on through Blurton and over the A50 into Heron Cross. We went forward onto Heron Street and continued onto Glebedale Road and to his destination. Matthew spent the morning in the sensory room and using the computer. For dinner he had sausage chips and gravy from the chip shop. Becasue of the weather he wasn't able to go to the pub this afternoon, so he stayed in and played on the Wii. When it was time to go home the bus was now available, and it was his usual transport Shelton Care Group DV10 JCU.

Shelton Care Group DV10 JCU in Fenton
We set off onto Glebedale Road and forward onto Heron Street. At Heron Cross we went straight through the lights and across the A50. We carried on through Blurton and right onto Church Road. We turned right onto Beaconsfield Drive and we got home at around 14:50. At home Matthew had toast and a glass of dandelion & Burdock. We decided to catch the earlier bus today. Had it not broken down earlier in the day, this 15:37 through Blurton should have been First Potteries ALX400 double decker 32054. As I had seen it stopped at the side of the road earlier in the day I did not know which bus was going to appear to work the 15:37. We set off to the bus stop around 15:30 and we stood waiting for a while. We heard a noise behind us and surprisingly it was First Potteries 32054.

First Potteries 32054 in Blurton
Obviously whatever stopped First Potteries 32054 earlier wasn't a serious problem. It seemed unlikely that the bus was running 45 minutes late so the bus must have dropped back a turn and was a mere 15 minutes late. The only thing is we didn't know what was going to turned up. Bang on time we saw a Scania turn the corner. It turned out to be dud First Potteries 60072 which had been on the service behind First Potteries 32054 when it had broken down.

First Potteries 60072 in Blurton
We got on the bus and booked to Harpfields Road before sitting down. The bus set off onto the A5035 and turned right. We had only been on this bus two weeks ago! We entered trentham and we passed First Potteries 41499 on the #21A to the Trentham Hotel. We turned right onto New Inn Lane and as we approached The Lea First Potteries 41499 pulled out in fornt of us now on a Hanley bound #21A.We followed the bus up to the Man In Space and we passed First Potteries 40367 on the #21B to Trentham Gardens. In Hanford still following First Potteries 41499, we passed First Potteries Solo 40304 on the #21 to Pacific Drive. We followed First Potteries 41499 down Church Lane and onto the A34. We crossed under the A500 and we went into Trent Vale. As we waited at the junction of London Road to carry on we saw mum's car in front of us. We turned right onto Harpfields Road and we got up and got off the bus. Matthew got another picture of First Potteries 60072 as it carried on towards Newcastle.

First Potteries 60072 in Trent Vale
We set off on foot to the pub and met mum. Matthew had a brunch with bread and butter followed by toffee sponge pudding with ice cream. Whilst we ate highlights of the passing buses were First Potteries 65027, Stanton's of Stoke coach YKZ 6759, Dunwoods Travel (Leons) coach CT13 LCT and ABC Supreme minibus YX03 JVZ. After we had finished eating we called Uncle Dave and we went to pick him up. We drove along the A34 and onto the Northbound A500. We went East at the A50. We came off the A50 at Heron Cross and we dropped into Fenton. After we had picked up uncle Dave, we headed up to Heron Cross and through Blurton, getting home around 15:15. Matthew then chilled out watching bus videos and using his computer before bedtime around 00:00... Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment